Myntra is one of the most renowned, and the largest Indian ecommerce platforms selling products including online jeans, footwear, bags, fragrances, fashion accessories, Kurtis, sarees, jackets, skirts, shoes, T-shirts, jewelry, watches, dresses, wallets, and home furnishing items. Within a year of their launch (in 2014), they surpassed their own growth targets within their sector. Their mobile app is available on platforms including Windows, iOS, and Android.
With a lot of data, ranging from product information to user-oriented content (like free styling tips from fashion experts) to videos and images, this Myntra claims that more than 70% of its sales and about 95% of its online traffic comes through mobile devices. No wonder, reports say that 41% of Indian ecommerce is mobile based.
Certainly, every retail business would benefit from having a mobile app like that of Myntra’s to have their business running 24/7. Here are certain things you have to bear in mind while developing an app like that for your business.
- Have an UI and UX design that is attractive and sufficiently engaging for the customer.
- Go for a cross-platform app.
- Include useful functionalities and features in your app (this is discussed in detail later)
- Integrate a mobile wallet to keep away payment hassles.
- Functionalities and Features that your customers will find useful
- It would be good to include the below given basic and advanced features.
- Access via OTP, social media, and email id.
- App interaction like chat/messaging, and social sharing.
- User profile, and review/rating feature.
- Push notification, booking calendar, and geo-location.
- In-app messaging or calling.
- Search refinement based on offers, sizes, popularity, colors, prices, and more.
- Usage analytics, block/add feature, user data control, intercom support, social media signup, etc. under the admin panel.
- Instant order facility.
- Payment through net-banking, debit and credit card options.
With the technological advancements of today, mobile shopping has become the current trend, particularly in a country like India where there are 1 billion mobile connections. Estimates say that mobile wallet transactions during 2015-2016 was Rs.490 billion now it have increased by 2 times.. Businesses should tap into its huge potential by creating an app like that of Myntra’s for themselves.