Restaurant delivery apps like Swiggy and UberEats have today become an essential part of our life. These bear features that enhance our food buying experience from restaurants and food delivery services in our neighborhood. Developing a restaurant delivery app can make it simple for these service providers to seamlessly deliver food. Here are some tips to develop such an app.
1.Four versions of the app
Four different versions including viz., a restaurant web admin app, restaurant app, delivery driver app, and customer app are needed for a single restaurant delivery app.
2. Features in your customer app
Remember to incorporate the following features into your customer app-
- An extremely interactive, clean and neat user interface.
- Access to neighborhood food joints and restaurants.
- Detailed info about each restaurant listed including their pictures, available cuisines, special combos, prices and reviews.
- Easy and clutter free user registration and account setup.
- A meal cart option.
- Real-time order tracking facility.
- Estimated time of delivery just like Uber EATS.
- A fast, secured, and safe payment system. It would be better to provide multiple payment gateways.
- Push notifications to promote offers and events.
Just like Swiggy, you too can to offer coupons that let customers to avail discounts on their orders. This will promote your app faster. Having a loyalty card feature where you incentivize repeat customers will encourage customers to repeatedly avail your services.
3. The restaurant version
To your app’s restaurant version should be easy to use; and have multiple features including business info management, menu management, order alters, order management (sending push notifications to the customer when the order is accepted, and to the assigned delivery person when the order is ready for delivery), payment tracking, replying to reviews, promos management, customer details receiving, and help and support.
4. The admin panel
Your app’s admin version should have features including control center, menu management, customer management, order management, feedback management, payments and commissions, offers management, reporting and analytics (to study customers’ dining behavior), and notifications management.
5.The delivery driver app
This should have features including customer registration (where admin approval is needed before letting the delivery person goes live), accept/reject new order requests, order history tracking, monitoring status of orders, updating customers, GPS navigation, and SOS service.
Thus, a lot of things go into developing an efficient restaurant delivery mobile app. So, entrust this crucial job to TINNOVAT- the experts in this field.
Request a Free quote today www.tinnovat.com/innovation/mobileappdevelopment/